Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Goodbye Show Low, Hello Asia

As the last week of our Show Low rotation comes to an end, it is such a blessing to look back and see how God has used us here. This adventure has not only been something new and different, but has been really sweet for Alex and I do to together.

Overall, the experience for me has been much more challenging than I thought it would be. Going from 100 miles an hour with a 40 hour work week, to 0 miles an hour was really difficult. I really had to figure out what my purpose was in all of this, and trust that God had a plan for me just like he had a plan for Alex.  I ended up working in Flagstaff every other week with a great store I had previously worked with, and I had a really sweet opportunity to learn new skills like gardening, cross stitch and canning. This change in lifestyle made me really step back and appreciate the solitude of a simple life.


As we say goodbye to our country living adventures in Show Low, Alex and I get to say Hello to a whole new adventure, internationally!! 

Thailand and Seoul here we come! We are so excited to get to see my sister Molly in Thailand, and experience the culture in Seoul.  Alex and I have talked about traveling internationally together, and cannot believe we have the opportunity. We will be in Thailand for 2 weeks and Seoul for 4 days. Having such a nomadic lifestyle gives us a chance to go and do things we otherwise wouldn't have been able to. God is good and we trust His plan for us in this adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment